It’s September and we’re looking forward to some autumnal weather and the tasty foods that accompany it. We’re kicking it off with Sweet Potato Soup!
Sweet Potato Soup
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 lrg apple (of your choice)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic, onion, carrot and celery and cook on low until tender and translucent. Add chicken stock and the sweet potatoes, increase the heat a little and cook, stirring from time to time, until the sweet potatoes are tender. Add the apples and cook another 5 minutes or so, until they are tender.
- Add heavy whipping cream, season with salt and pepper. Allow soup to cool slightly, then purée it with an immersion blender or in a blender. You may have to divide this in two batches.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, Serve hot
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!