Three Sisters Stew is the perfect meal to celebrate the harvest made with the delicious trio of beans, corn, and squash.
Three Sisters Stew
- Stock Pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb red potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 diced zuchinni
- 1 diced squash of your choice
- 1 can corn drained
- 2 cups cooked blackeyed peas
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Heat the oil in the large pot, add diced onions, minced garlic, and saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add quartered potatoes, chicken stock, ginger and chipotle.
- Add cooked ground sausage, diced squash, zuchinni and black eyed peaa
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes
- Serve hot with some of your favorite cornbread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!