A delicious and hearty meal using your home canned pantry.
Mushroom Swiss Pasta
- 1 16oz box/bag pasta of your choice
Mushrooms & Ground Beef
- 2 pints ground beef
- 2 pints mushrooms
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Worcesershire sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lb swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- Bring pot of water to a boil, add pasta, cover and remove from heat.
- In a large skillet add mushrooms, onion, garlic, worcestershire sauce and ground beef. Heat on medium until the onions are translucent.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk continuously for 1-2 minutes or until a light brown.
- Remove from heat and gradually add the milk, whisking continuously. Return to the heat and whisk until the mixture has thickened.
- Add the salt, garlic powder and cheeses, stirring until cheese has melted.
Bring it all together
- Drain the pasta and return to the large pan, add the hamburger mixture, stir to combine, pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!