The cooler temperatures are moving in and the desire to bake bread battles against the preservation of the harvest. This is an easy, yet delicious bread. Toasted for breakfast with a nice slather of butter, or simply cut and enjoyed with your coffee or tea. This bread is a keeper. The dried fruit can be what is listed or add your favorites. The honey and fruit make it sweet, but not overly sweet.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp active yeast
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried chopped dates
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Place warm water, yeast and honey into the mixing bowl and allow it to sit long enough to proof.
- Add flour, salt, oil and fruit and mix for up to 7 minutes
- Shape dough according to your baking pan and let sit for approximately 30 minutes or until it almost doubles in size
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes