Is your garden producing a ton of peppers?
Are you looking for new ways to use them up or make them available for the winter?
This soup is the answer to your search. Un-stuffed pepper soup takes all of the deliciousness of a stuffed pepper and turns it into a soup.
Unstuffed Pepper Soup
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 6 cups diced bellpepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 (14.5oz)cans of diced tomatoes
- 3 (15oz) cans tomato sauce
- 64 oz beefbroth
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- Brownground beef, drain fat, reserving ¼ cup.
- Add peppers, onions, and garlic to reserved fat. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce,beef broth and ground beef.
- Reduce and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Addto jars, leaving one inch head space. Wipe rims, add lids and rings (fingertight)
- Add to pressure canner with hot waterin it.
- Can for 75 minutes for quarts, 60minutes for pints.
- Check this link for proper canning times and pressure for your area. https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_04/soups.html
- *add rice tosoup when you open the jar**its greatwith shredded cheese added to the bowl once you open the jar.