Rhubarb Quick Bread from home canned rhubarb is a great reason to can rhubarb, beyond pie.
Quick, delicious, and easy. It will be a family favorite.
Rhubarb Quick Bread
Rhubarb Quick Bread from home canned rhubarb is a great way reason to can rhubarb, beyond pie.
- 1 pint canned rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a mixing bowl add rhubarb and liquid from jar, sour cream, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, baking powder, egg and salt. Mix
- Fold in flour being careful not to mix too much
- Pour batter into a parchment lined loaf pan
- Bake for about 60-65 minutes*, or until firm when lightly touched on top, and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out without wet batter on it (wet crumbs are fine.) If the bread seems to be browning too quickly towards the end of baking, lay a loose piece of foil over the top.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then use the parchment paper to remove the cake to a cooling rack to cool completely. Note: if you aren't using parchment paper, let the cake cool in the pan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!