A perfect addition to any dinner, this Onion Herb Bread is delicious and so easy to make.
Onion Herb Bread
- 1 1/2 cups hot tap water
- 1/3 cup oil of your choice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 lrg egg
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups flour (we used freshly milled)
- 2 tbsp. instant yeast
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp. italian seasoning
- Mix water, oil, honey, egg, and yeast into mixing bowl.Slowly add 2 cups of flour, add salt, add remaining flour and mix on low for 5-7 minutes
- Cover and let sit for an hour or until the dough doubles in size
- Meanwhile, add butter, herbs and onion into a small saucepan.
- Once the first rise of the dough, divide into two, set one aside and roll out the remaining dough into a rectangle no wider than your loaf pan.
- Spread half of the butter, herb and onion mixture onto the dough, roll up the sides to prevent leaking and then roll the dough until it becomes a loaf.
- Place the loaf, seam side down into a greased, lined loaf pan.Repeat for second loaf.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover both loaves and leave to rise for 45 minutes
- Place both loaves into your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool on a baking rack before slicing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!