Making your own homemade bread for stuffing is simple, inexpensive and so much better than boxed stuffing mixes. You can flavor it to your preference with ease. This is how I made the bread for our homemade stuffing.
Homemade Stuffing Bread
- 1 1/2 cups warm tap water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sage
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- Warm your mixing bowl
- Add water, sugar, olive oil and yeast into bowl. Allow to it sit for 5 minutes to proof.
- Add salt, sage and flour to bowl and mix on low/medium for 7 minutes
- Cover and let sit until it has double in size (approx 1 hour)
- Place dough onto a greased baking sheet and spread out
- cover and let rise for 15-30 minutes
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes
- Let cool, then cut into cubes and allow to stale up or place in your dehydrater to completely dry before using for stuffing.