Pressure Canning Ham & Bean Soup
- 1 cup fresh chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cups dried navy beans
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 cups chopped ham
- Soak beans over night, drain, rinse, add back to pot, cover with water and cook for 5 minutes on high. Drain again and add back to the pot
- Cut up diced ham or ham hock
- Combine all ingredients into one pot, add water to cover, bring to a boil for 5 minutes
- Fill jars half way with solids, remainder of jar to be filled with the broth from the pot.
- Follow the directions at this site for safe canninghttps://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_04/soups.html
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!