Here we go! Our first loaf of bread from home ground wheat! I’m so excited! Honey Cinnamon Wheat Bread!
Home Ground Honey Cinnamon Wheat Bread
- 3 cups Hard Wheat Berries When ground becomes 4 1/2 cups ground flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast (or one packet)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Add water, yeast and honey into your mixer bowl. Let sit 2-3 minutes to allow the yeast to proof.
- Add salt, olive oil and 2 cups of the flour to the mixing bowl.
- Turn on the mixer and allow everything to incorporate
- Add 1/3 cup of flour at a time until the dough is slightly sticky and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover mixing bowl with a towel and let sit for 60-90 minutes
- After the first rise, take dough out of bowl, press it out into a rectangle that is about the width of your loaf pan. Sprinkle on the cinnamon as evenly as you can across the entire rectangle.Start at one end and roll dough.Place dough, seam side down into a greased loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise for about 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375Grease your loaf pan with oil or lard of your choice
- After the second rise, remove towel and place loaf in oven for 35 minutes
- After 35 minutes, remove pan and let cool in pan for 10 minutes.After 10 minutes, remove loaf to a cooling rack and let cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!